<VV> 300TD wagon

Thesuperscribe at cs.com Thesuperscribe at cs.com
Sat Feb 23 17:26:22 EST 2008

I once spotted one of those 300TD wagons at a traffic light in Bonsall,
Calif. There was no smoke coming from the tail pipe and when it took off it sounded
like a Chevy V-8. Later I met the guy who explained that the diesel was worn
out and would've cost too much to rebuild. So he installed a GM 350 with
Hydra-matic. Otherwise the car was stock -- mustard yellow with original badging.

So there's an idea for anyone who buys your Merce.

--Tom in Ohio

***

In a message dated 2/22/2008 9:46:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,