<VV> Performance Workshop

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 21:05:26 EST 2008

With all the geeks that go to the PW, I'm surprised that none of them have
posted yet :o). I can't afford to race, but I love racing and I'm only two
hours from the event, so it is a no brainer. I'll give you the highlights
until the partiers left in Dayton get back to reality ;o).

The most exciting thing for me was to learn that Champ Car and IRL have come
to an agreement and there will only be one major open wheel series in the
USA this year, at least on pavement. This info came from Dave Swartz, a
Champ Car tech inspector and the owner of a sweet Corsa turbo that was also
there.

We also leaned that Brad Penn Racing Oil is the oil that we should all be
running in our Corvairs. We learned all this, not only from a very
convincing salesman, but from a Brad Penn engineer. If you want more info
check out www.bradpennracing.com .

It was also the first official meeting of the Performance Corvair Group,
which is the newest Corsa chapter and the only one that has no dues! Email
Ned if you would like to join.

That is pretty much the highlights from my old memory. I'm sure the real
racers will follow with more. Rick Norris took thousands of pictures and I'm
sure some of them will make it to the Internet somewhere.

As always, it was a great stress reliever from all of us suffering from
cabin fever. If you missed it, look forward to next year.

Marc Sheridan
Waverly OH
'66 Monza convertible