<VV> FC ACCELERATOR CABLE QUESTION

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 15:09:34 EST 2008

Rod,  My '64 Greenbrier has the same sleeve to protect the cable when  it is
exposed.  I'd disconnect the cable in the engine compartment and  check it for
freedom of movement, then, if it is free (I lube mine with a lock  lubricant
that has lots of graphite), reconnect with the engine crossshaft  with the
cable pulled tight so the accelerator pedal is up off the floor as far  as
possible.  Do you really see the sleeve catching on something or is the  cable
frayed somewhere and hanging up.  How about the pedal--does it go to  the floor or
hang up?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
DC Suburbs