<VV> Hard Luck

Edwin D. Lindsay wfcc at juno.com
Tue Feb 26 10:33:12 EST 2008

Smitty Says:  OK Guys, Heres your chance to earn your keep.  Came down
here to sunny Fla for the Western Fla Corvair show.  Started back home
and my PG transmission quit driving.  It is in neutral in all gears.It
happened with no warning at all.  No noise.  It just plain quit running.
Yesterday I pulled the valve body.  Almost no residue at all in pan.  All
servo spools are free and all valve body parts are intact.  I will be
pulling the engine today to check the pump drive shafts.  Then of course
it will be open transmission time if nothing is found.  What do you
think?  Torque converter?  If so, how do you check the internal sprag
clutch?  Been a long time since I did that.  Ed lindsey is a hell of a
nice guy but I don't want to wear out his welcome mat.