<VV> FW: Obama vs that woman

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Wed Feb 27 09:55:56 EST 2008

No politics????

Regards,

Guy Brandes

At 09:25 PM 2/26/2008, Ryon Lucke wrote:

> I'm fascinated that Senator Obama is leading Senator Clinton.

Odd that he's done *Nothing* to date, yet people are flocking around him
like
he's the 2nd coming.   ...what does this say about Hillary...?  ;)

I don't expect her to give up or concede anything.   The Clintons will
never
just give up.   There's likely something afoot somewhere in their agenda
that
will discredit Obama...  it's the Clinton way.   If she does NOT get the
nod
from the DNC I wouldn't put it past her to run as an independent and
split the
vote which would make McCain a shoe-in.  I think the Clintons would do
it just
to keep Obama out of the Office, which would open up the field for her
to run
against McCain, who would then be 76, in 4 years.  If Obama were to win,
it
would be 8 years before Hillary would have a chance to take her best
shot by
which time she'd be 68 and pretty long(er) of tooth... ;)

If she doesn't get the nomination (and I still don't think she actually
will) I won't be surprised if she actually does run as an independent.

> I had thought he was a media creation, and would disappear after the
first few primaries, like Dean did in '04.

Dean was a bit of a verbal spendthrift, was too often shooting his mouth
off and criticizing the wrong people.   He was also just a bit of a
nutbag and
demonstrated such on too many occasions.

Obama is indeed a media construct and he's being played up like the next
JFK...  only without the substance.  ;)   He has a really good speech
writer...  spends a lot of time telling the throngs of followers just
what they wanna hear.

He'd make an ineffective president... end up a puppet with the left wing
of
Congress pulling his strings.   And people would still praise him simply
because he's a democrat.   Slick is living proof of that...

> I wonder how many people are actually voting against Clinton, as
opposed to actually being for him.

I keep wondering why people would be voting for her in the first
place...  she's
Clinton-Light, poster child for the card-carrying Liberal leftists who
worshiped
Slick from the beginning because he played a mean sax and his middle
name was Jefferson and he told them all just what they wanted to hear.

> I like McCain because of those 5 years he was a Vietnamese POW. I
figure he learned important stuff during that time. Some of the less
sensible things he has said, I hope can be chalked up to playing to the
media constituency, in
hopes they'll cover him reasonably honestly. In any case, he's a better
choice
than the democrats have to offer.

He ain't my favorite; I wanted Fred...  but I agree that we're much more
likely
to be better off under a McCain presidency than either of the left-wing
offerings.

tony..
are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org