<VV> Muffler setup

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 29 00:04:38 EST 2008

I'm reinstalling the mufflers on my Monza and am using the factory
setup including hangers and shields.  I have the 140 type setup
although it is a 110.  From looking at the mufflers, it appears that
the driver's side muffler should be set with the narrow part of the
ovals at approximately 11 and 5 o'clock position and the passenger at
1 and 7 o'clock.  If that is the case, where do the exhaust outlets
belong?  It would seem that the driver's side should be at the 11
o'clock position and the passenger at the 1 o'clock.  The exhaust
outlets have been turned from their original positions and they will
have to be loosened and turned again to fit in the cavity and funnel
the exhaust properly.  Does anyone have pics of the backside of their
car showing the "plumbing"?  I have the hangers and the heat shields
already installed.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Vice-President / North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
Corvaireum II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110 PG  - Sierra Tan, Saddle, A/
C, AM/FM