<VV> New problem-Rampside will not start after sitting overnite

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 3 13:21:40 EST 2008

In the last 4 mornings, 1963 Rampside will crank over but will not start. I found this only happens when it drops to about 10 degrees F or colder. I have both chokes closing about 80% of the way but no fuel is present in the bowls (no fuel squirting from accelerator pumps) although I hear my electric pump pumping.After I fill up float chambers, vehicle fires instantly and runs properly for the rest of the day. All fuel lines + hoses, filters, pump,carb. rebuild, tune up, etc. are very recent (about 4,000 miles ago).
First off, what happens to the fuel in float bowls overnight?I have been using 91 octane premium purchased from Mobil. Normally vehicle has been parked with it about 24 degree F and performing very well.
Second, why can't my fuel pump (electric only) refill float bowls without vehicle being "re-primed"?
Finally, how about a fuel additive antifreeze? I suspect some H2O has found its way into my fuel tank and is the culprit in blocking flow. How about it, group.
I hope to finish my head temp. gauge install/ charging system diagnose + repair this weekend but have found myself pretty busy at the workplace after taking off
10 days for the holidays.
I hope 2008 is a great time for us all!
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado.