<VV> Water in the Gasoline

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 4 16:11:31 EST 2008

>This is just Frank's sneaky way of giving you water injection. Some folks
>never give up <grin> - Seth

There is way more truth in this than perhaps jocularly intended -- water
in the gas is not a bad performance booster, you just don't want it
setting in the tank & lines and carbs while not driving -- most internal
combustion engines will actually run rather well in the short term on a
50/50 mix, if you can keep it homogenized ...   Don't poo-poo rubbing
alcohol for its water content, especially if you can get it for under $3
gallon!

Not all gas dryers mix with gasoline though, some just keep the water
from freezing -- you need to actually test some in clear containers to
see what happens -- I was quite surprised when I did.

Bill Strickland