<VV> Oil Heated 4 BBL Adapters?

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 5 16:47:26 EST 2008

Just checking to see if anyone has tried one of the center mounted 4 BBL adapters that are showing up on eBay with a oil passage in them. It doesn't seem to me that this could help anything and might actually hinder it. While I don't think there would be much warmth from the oil flow retained in the metal, I have always been told that the colder the air and mixture to the engine, the better. I also think that the "icing" problems that these things sometimes have is around the tubes and not the adapter. Just wondering, and a private reply is fine if you don't think there is any value in the question.
Thanks,
Grant