<VV> Stupid transmission / differential drain plug question (EM 110 - 4-speed)

Keith Onchuck keitho64 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 12:00:40 EST 2008

Hello, time for another stupid question.  I was going
to drain the oil on my transmission and differential
this weekend since I was changing the shifter seal,
backup switch and shift coupler.  In all my manuals
they show a drain plug on the transmission and the
differential.  On my car there is a flat boss where
the differential drain plug should be and I cannot
find anything on the transmission.  The car in
question is a 1964 Monza, 110, 4-speed car.

Am I missing something or were some cars made without
drain plugs?  Or is there some other way to drain the
oil?  Outside of siphoning out the oil I do not know
what to do.

I can post pictures of where the drain plugs should be
and what is on my car.

Thanks

Keith