<VV> Distributor initial settings on a 140

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Thu Jan 10 18:13:21 EST 2008

Thanks for the guidance.  With a couple of bright lights, a handheld mirror,
and reading glasses I was able to read the distributor DELCO REMY and what
looked like IHO388 or perhaps 338 or 380.  Not easy with the dist.
installed!  After looking it up in the shop manuals I believe it realistic
to believe it's 1110330.  That would make sense since the engine has 140
heads, and 4 carbs, etc., even though the block is RD.

So if it's a 330, then the initial timing should be more like 18 degrees
rather than 4 degrees?

- Steve Brown