<VV> Floor jack advice

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Thu Jan 10 18:49:25 EST 2008

My boss is working on a major restoration/upgrade of his Nissan 300ZX and since he knows I'm into Corvairs, he stops by my cubicle to chat about working on cars.  He's currently in the market for a new floor jack, so yesterday we ran over to Sam's Club to look at a 3.5 ton jack they have for $64.72. It's a Michelin brand, model G-735.  It's made in China, of course, but we're wondering if anyone has any experience and/or opinions about this make & model.  He's gone through a number of Craftsman jacks lately and would like to avoid another POS boat anchor.

How about it?  Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this jack?  What about other jacks in the hobbyist price range?

Thanks in advance,

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red (ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm