<VV> [FC] Lower FC A-arms

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Thu Jan 10 19:23:42 EST 2008

    Looking into my books I found that, at least, the front crossmember, upper and lower arms have different numbers from those used on Chevy II, Chevelle and Camaro (P&A 34 revised Oct. 1, 1967). Looking into another book (PIC 1964) with pictures and group only numbers there is a page which says " 1958-64 PASSENGER, 1963-65 CORVETTE FRONT END SUSPENSION" and both upper and lower arms look like FC arms. The 1971 MOOG catalog shows the lower bushings (K-304) for FCs and full size Chevrolets (60-64). Lower ball joints (K-6037 or K-6035) are the same for FCs and full size Chevrolets (60-70), and think Cadillacs too. Same for upper ball joints and upper bushings (60-70 Chevrolets).
   This make me think that lower and upper arms, if not the same, should be very similar between FCs and 60-64 big Chevys.

BTW... Did you know that 61-62 (FC) rear crossmember ( 3829546) and rear "A" arms (3851447 & 3851448) are different from those used on 64 ? ....but, share numbers at the book with 61-62.

   Back to play with the GB 64

   Daniel Monasterio

<<Any thoughts on a way of cross-referencing the GM part number for the lower
control arms to other models?  I've tried the online GM Parts Wiki, but it's
not complete enough to cover the models we suspect might work.

Right Lower: 3846270
Left Lower: 3846269 >>