<VV> Floor jack advice (Larry Claypool)

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 19:04:07 EST 2008

All --

I, like many of you with 40-50 year old cars, sure have a hard time
adapting to this thow-away society we have moved into, but lc has a very
valid point in terms of cost, when it is cheaper to replace a POS with
more of the same, versus a rebuild on the professional models --

I know a few folks that have had pretty good luck with the aluminum
"racer" jacks from like Harbor Freight, but they all have smooth floors
and lightweight cars to use them on -- I think this might be sort of
like the drill press issue, where they ALL come from China, 'cause the
casting process for the __ is it ductile iron? __ isn't harassed by
environmental issues. [Yeah, I know, the wind just blows it all the way
across the Pacific, and we get contaminated anyway] Maybe ALL the jacks
come from China these days, regardless of brand. Just make sure to get
one that has enough lift to get the car high enough to pull the drivetrain.

 No, I don't want anyone to start another thread on imported goods!!
This is an election year, just VOTE!

Bill Strickland