<VV> What have you found in your Corvair?

Marc Marcoulides hharpo at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 19:52:58 EST 2008

When I found my convertable it was in the back yard at a home in the San Fernando Valley. Some of us in California measure the number of years the car has been in storage by the last year sticker affixed to the license plate. With this measure the car had been stored about 17 years. Close to where it was stored there was an Orange tree. Squirrels had mad a nest in the engine compartment and were feeding on the oranges. Squirrels have a practice of making a small opening in an orange and eating the meat then putting the intact peel in the sunlight to shrink and dry. Next the dried peel is used as an insulation for thier nest with structural precision around the perimeter.