<VV> What have you found in your Corvair?

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 22:07:06 EST 2008

I just remembered some other "gifts" that came in Corvairs that I've
purchased.  I changed the carpet once only to discover a clutch cable and
rod tucked under the edge of the driver's side carpet.  An '81 Corvette that
I parted out had a quarter-filled console ashtray.  Looking in the ashtray
cavity, I spied another dozen. Once I pulled the console I saw that the
edges of the carpet were bowed out by quarters on both sides. Pulling the
carpets yielded hundreds!  AFIR there were about 350 quarters in total!

Craig Nicol