<VV> Floor jack advice / radio knobs

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sat Jan 12 08:00:52 EST 2008

I have not one but two 1 1/2 ton Snap On Floor jacks.
The first one I bought as a re-po from my dealer many years ago, and it is
well over 20 years old now.
I bought the second one at a garage auction  5 years ago. This one was
almost new.
Never had a moments problem with either one.
The bonus is they have a real lifting pad on them, something substantial,
like about 8 inches in diameter not a tiny 4 inch pad.
I can get any part for them from my Snap On dealer if anything is needed.

They are not cheap though.
I beleive they go for around $400-$500 these days.

My kids though have gone through a succession of cheapo models that leak,
bend, and break.

As for the radio knob question.
Also through my snap on dealer I purchased a socket for the Corvair two hole
radio knobs.
it is a 1/4 inch drive deep socket that works perfectly.
I also bought another socket set which is for the headlight switch bezel
comes with a set that works with my 60's mopar antenna bezels

Right tool for the job...........
Now wading through a ton af Miller Chrysler dealer tools I just picked

Gary Swiatowy