<VV> SAVE YOUR OLD KEYS !!

Cliff tibbitts at qx.net
Sun Jan 13 09:28:57 EST 2008

In 1969, my friend had a 56 Chevy.  His key would open my door and start my
64 Corvair.  I could start his car with my key, but not open the door.

As has been noted a gazillion times, this was common in cars, especially
Ford products in the 60's.  What really surprised me was when my wife
accidentally opened the door of a friend's nearly identical 94 Saturn with
her key.  She opened his door, got in and tried to start the car.  The key
opened the door, but would not work in the ignition.  It was then that she
surveyed the interior of the car and realized her car was parked about 3
spaces over.  They are good friends of ours and on a lark, a couple of years
later while visiting them, she tried the key again and yes it did open the
door.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY