<VV> Up date from Rich Shepard

SPYDER62 at aol.com SPYDER62 at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 07:34:56 EST 2008

Hi All
 A big thanks to Matt for keeping everyone posted as I have not been  on the
computer that much of late.
Well it's been a month since I had the transplant and so far all is going
great. Still have trouble sleeping all night due to the pain when I  turnover
and the drugs. Put all in all I do feel 100% better then I have in  years.
Still have not been able to go back to work and it does not look like it
will be that soon as I have to drive to the hospital 2-3 times each week for
blood tests and to see the doc's for 4 more months at least. That on top of only
being able to work part time for the last year makes thing tight but will get
by  some how always have. The real pits is not being able to drive for the
last  year  and can't until they take me off on some of the drugs.
Was hoping to make the performance workshop but Doc says no so that's  out
but am shooting for the hot laps  at Willow  at the  convention , my doc says
that might happen all depends on how I heal, so  far so good.
In fact I'm known at the hospital as the surprise kid. I was not on the
transplant list at the time but had been on it before, but with my blood  type
(AB-)  went one came up in California (out of our area)  I  guess I was the only
one on the west coast that had that blood type and had  spent time on the
list. So I got the call.
 Spent 11 days in the hospital 8 of which were in ICU then walked out  on
Christmas day  which no one had planed on. as most are there from 2 to 4  weeks.
Plus the anti rejection drugs can cause diabetes  so have to check  my sugar
level 5 times a day and take insulin shots. So far I have only  needed one or
two units at most ,but most of the time need none.
 And a thanks to Ken Of the original group Ken for the plug on my  doing
trophies and model railroad (architectural models)in my spare time. So if  you or
your club needs trophies or plaques let me know  I'm always ready to  help my
fellow Vair owners.
thanks
rich shepard
_www.rslaserkits.com_ (http://www.rslaserkits.com)