<VV> Engine oil again

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 10:43:53 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/14/2008 11:08:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kcvair at netscape.com writes:

> Do they just not care if you trash your engine?   Ken Clark

In an oblique way they have noted the change--and a market to exploit.  That
is why you've probably seen the adds--full page in some magazines--for "high
mileage" oil with "special additives" for engines "over 85,000 miles."   All
the "high mileage" oils I have seen have the SL, but not SM rating.  I use Mobil
1 "high mileage" oil in my cars--not that that is a testimonial.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Kensington MD
'64 'Brier