<VV> YH Differences Re: We are blessed

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 16:14:33 EST 2008

One major difference between most (maybe all) of  these "other" YH carbs and
the Corvair version is the absence of a vacuum  advance port on the Corvair
version.   Since these "other" YH  carbs were used on NON-turbocharged engines,
they most probably ALL had  vacuum advance ports located in the throttle body
section of the  carb.  I've examined YH carbs sold at Corvair events and
occasionally  found a few with vacuum advance ports which indicates they never came
off a  Corvair.  If you do get one of these for your 150/180 and want to keep
it  completely stock (and don't care about better gas mileage), be sure to
plug the  putlet of this port so it doesn't leak air into the carb and intake
manifold when the throttle is opened above idle.
    Frank "prefers vacuum advance"  Burkhard

In a message dated 1/15/2008 9:01:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,