<VV> flushing

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 13:00:26 EST 2008

I have never flushed any of my Corvairs when purchased.  I HAVE used  both
GM's detergent additive and CD-2 DETERGENT additive (yellow can??) to help  free
up rings, but in the long run even caked on deposits in the heads will
soften and slowly dissolve with regular oil changes and some extra detergent
additives.  I stay away from solvents and anything that is not SL  oil.  As I've
said before, I am using the "high mileage" oils that are  still SL rated (Mobil
I synthetic or regular oil).

I also immediately (ok--almost immediately) redo the top cover/breather
(clean and install new gaskets) as well as push rod and oil cooler "O"  rings.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Kensington MD
'64 Greenbrier