<VV> Giuliani Corvair Story on AOL

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Fri Jan 25 10:40:32 EST 2008

Want to get in on the action of the 2008 presidential race? How about owning
a candidate's ride? _Up  for auction on eBay_
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvair-Corvair-Rudy-Giulianis-66-Chevrolet-Corvair-Convertible_W0QQ
cmdZViewItemQQitemZ260205986551QQsspagenameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a101#lg)  is
a 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Convertible, previously  owned by former NYC Mayor
Rudy Giuliani. The classic American drop-top has its  original aqua paint job
with matching interior and contrasting white convertible  top. Although listed
"as is", the Corvair is claimed to be in proper working  condition with all
the original equipment.
Giuliani bought the car from Cooper Classic Cars in New York and sold it back
 to the dealership with 73,650 miles on the odometer in 1996, back when he
still  had his comb-over, which might explain why he gave it up. (Either that or
the  ordeal of owning a classic convertible in Manhattan.) The car has been
in  storage ever since, and at the time of writing has eleven bids standing at
just  $3,550 with nine days to go before the digital hammer drops. We don't
know about  you, but we'd probably take the Corvair over _the  Clinton's hybrid
Mercury Mariner_
(http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/07/clinton-receives-first-presidential-hybrid/) .
FYI.  Saw this story on AOL, I know there has been postings about the
auction before, however, was surprised to see the AOL writer, whoever that is,  say
they would take the Vair over Clinton's hybrid.
Todd in TX

48)