<VV> Rampside Engine cover bolts

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Jan 25 11:30:32 EST 2008

Hi Terry,

Since nobody posted an answer yet - the "clutch head" refers only to
the head type and the driver you need.  Other than that they are
normal bolts, they have kind of a recessed figure 8 instead of a hex
or slot.  Our GB had kind of a mishmash of fasteners for the covers,
so I replaced them with button head bolts that use an Allen wrench.
Size for the rear is 5/16" coarse as I recall, the trans cover was
3/8" coarse.  About an inch long is all you need.  If you really want
to return to stock, I've heard the driver is still available from
Snap-On (probably others too).

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa