<VV> Stuck in 3rd gear

Mark W. Monaghan ce1monag at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 11:43:43 EST 2008

Hello everyone,  I was wondering if all you experts out there could give me
a little guidance on what to check and do for with my 4-speed manual 1964
Rampside being stuck in 3rd gear.  A little background:
1. 3rd gear has been making some noise when in gear since I put the Rampy
back on the road
2. when shifting from 3rd to 4th I could hear a little gear grind and I
would double clutch,
3. I don't not believe the transmission has ever been rebuilt,
4. I have been driving the truck for five years with no problem,
5. the third gear noise is gone after being stuck.
6. I have never rebuilt a transmission and would like to know if there is
somewhere I can get it rebuilt.

I would appreciate anyone's comments or opinions on what I should do to get
the problem fixed.

Thanks

Mark W. Monaghan

 <mailto:ce1monag at cfl.rr.com> ce1monag at cfl.rr.com