<VV> MODULATORS

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 22:40:49 EST 2008

This isn't a "me too" post, but then again, it is.
I too just bought a modulator from Clarks to replace an old, used, unit which, in turn, replaced an even older unit that was allowing transmission fluid to be sucked into the engine.

After installing the new unit the car exhibited not only slippage between shifts, but the car shuddered when starting from a complete stop. It shuddered so badly that I became (wrongly) convinced it was a brake shoe hanging up. After pulling the right, front wheel and finding nothing out of the ordinary, I put the old, used, modulator back on the car. Both the shuddering and the slipping went away.  I plan to call Clark's pretty soon.

More to the point, though, I think I'm about the third person to have reported modulator troubles this month. I'm wondering if maybe we're beginning to see a trend here, much like some of us saw years back with fuel pumps with a run of bad diaphragms. When you think of it, a modulator has ---- a diaphragm. Just a thought.

Arjay Morgan
64 monza convert