<VV> gas heater problem

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 10:15:36 EST 2008

Shaun,
    While I have no experience with Corvair gas  heaters, I do have some
understanding of gas fired heating systems.  What  you describe sounds like a
defective HIGH temp. safety switch that shuts down  the firing if a dangerously
high temp is reached in the heater.  This is  NOT the thermostat, but a second
switch that should activate at a higher temp  much like the one in my house
furnace that shuts off the fuel supply when the  furnace plenum reaches a high
temp.  Sounds like yours is activating at a  way-too-low temp.
    Let us know what you find.
    Frank "wish I had your gas heater"  Burkhard

In a message dated 1/30/2008 11:19:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,