<VV> gas heater update

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 31 18:17:19 EST 2008

Hi Tim, I've got the '60 shop manual but it's a bit vague on this problem.
I've got power to the coil, so I thought I'd ground the negative pole to
produce a spark "manually" without the points, and lo and behold, it fired
right up and held for a complete cycle. So it's a resistance problem in the
points or, as Jim Davis suggested, a too wide gap on the spark plug. I'm
going to clean up the points tonight and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll
pull the unit and check the plug.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun