<VV> VV non-meeting @ Ventura.

james rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Jul 1 14:33:54 EDT 2008

All:  I was there, standing around, as was Tim, and did not see anything
coming together.  So I wondered off.

What exactly did any of you want to discuss about VV that you cannot discuss
here?  I was there at the appointed time, mostly by accident actually,
simply to put faces with names, and not much else.  The names to faces was
accomplished to my satisfaction by reading name tags during the week.  And
having my name tag read by others.

I do not think the internal meetings at any CORSA Convention are held to
promote CORSA.  That argument is in the $3 bill category.  Meetings are for
the entertainment or education of CORSA members, not non-CORSA members (but
VV members?) who happen to be wondering around.  The fate of the free world
as we understand it was not and is not hanging in the balance here.

Matt, if dozens came and asked where is the meeting, why didn't you tell the
wandering masses to have a seat, take charge and make it up on the fly.  I
didn't, because of my stated purpose above.

It is very easy to criticize "leadership" from the sidelines.  Hank has some
right to be critical, as he has put hisownself in the position of
responsibility.  As have I and many others.  If you don't like the way it is
being done, put you time and bankbook out there and do something like
volunteer to do it yourself.  Tim might have a heart attack if you do.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice

Message: 9