<VV> Lively Generator!

Jefferson Alcott maxinevair at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:37:40 EDT 2008

I recently purchased and installed a Clark’s newly rebuild, rewound generator for my 64 Spyder, and a new voltage regulator from LS Corvair.  After installing both pieces, the generator made a high pitched whining sound and every time I revved the engine the generator created sparks within the generator unit.

Is this normal for a newly rebuild, rewound generator and is it safe to drive?Jeff A.