<VV> Healthy pumps?

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Thu Jul 3 12:46:03 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Speaking of healthy pumps, I saw in this month CORSA in the tech section
of things to take on a trip and one of them was a spare fuel pump with a
green dot.  What is the significance of the green dot?

Regards,

Guy Brandes

This has happened twice in the last month or so, and with no desire to
start a long discussion on the virtues of various fuel pumps, I will
simply share the concern, as it has cost me about $50 in postage to
determine the cause. I had a couple of customer concerns about some
newly rebuilt carbs dripping gas and running too rich. The problem was
very bad at idle and annoying when driving, as the cars would often shut
off and be hard to start when at a stop light, etc. I went through one
pair at my expense and found no issues. I sent another customer a pair
of replacement floats at my expense, but neither solution worked. I
suggested a fuel pressure check might be in order, as both customers
coincidentally had new replacement fuel pumps. To make a long expensive
story short, both pumps were putting out too much pressure. One was
replaced by the original pump (after trying a second new one) and
another owner swapped the spring from the old pump to the new, and the
problems were
 solved. Hhhhmmmmm?
Grant
are the property