<VV> For What Its Worth Dept.

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Thu Jul 3 14:36:29 EDT 2008

Unfortunately work got in the way of my attending this year's convention but
I had a similar experience to Bill at our local show and shine on Canada
Day. About a hundred cars of all ages, types and conditions showed up.

In addition to the usual comments most of us have heard , "cool" was by far
the most common adjective used when people looked at the engine bay of my 66
180 convertible. That was a new one to me.

But what really surprised me this time was the number of people in the
sub-40 age group (I'm guessing a bit here) that simply had never heard of
the Corvair and were astonished when I said it was made by Chevrolet.

One woman even had to check in the trunk as she didn't believe that there
wasn't an engine there!

After that I deliberately left the trunk open slightly and watched a fair
number of people do a double take as they casually walked by, glanced under
the trunk lid only to see - no engine!

Bob