<VV> Exhaust Question - Driver's Side on dual exhaust louder than passenger side

David George dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com
Thu Jul 3 18:37:35 EDT 2008

I recently bought a 64 convertible, 110 hp, 4 speed car. It has dual exhaust and the driver's side is considerably louder than the passenger side. I attached a short video. Does it sound like a bad muffler or some other issue? I also get some popping through the exhaust on deceleration in gear once it warms up. Also have had a few backfires but not today. Bad muffler, exhaust leak, valves out of adjustment (not ticking currently)? Any and all opinions would be appreciated. Thanks !

Dave George

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJxlgJhBXlY