<VV> Healthy pumps?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jul 3 20:13:51 EDT 2008

Ahha, but the spring is the source of fuel pressure. Put in a heavy
spring and the pressure will be too much. That is why just changing the
spring in the second case worked.

I ran into this first over 30 years ago on a pump for a Wyllis Jeepster.
Three used pumps to chose form, one too weak ran out of fuel above an
idle), one waaay to strong (flooded out the top cover/vent) and one just
right. I took them apart to see and the spring tension was noticably
different.

Frank DuVal