<VV> Removing the wheel cylinder entrails

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jul 3 20:21:04 EDT 2008

Hmmmm,

I must be older than you. I have done that on every wheel cylinder that
had no protrusions on the backing plate to stop me from taking it apart
in place. Yes, back when I was younger it was easier to see in the
cylinder to make sure it was pit free. And of course the cars were
relatively newer, so a light honing usually worked fine.

Now I am finding non-honeable pits so use a lot of replacement wheel
cylinders.

Frank DuVal
Barbarian Mechanic