<VV> Home again.

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sat Jul 5 18:38:05 EDT 2008

Just got home late last night. Our grass is almost knee high. It rained nearly every day here in Indiana.

This trip was enjoyable but really too much for this feeble old man.

I spent most of the day gluing the body work back together on the mid engined roadster.
The springs on the well used , converted, utility trailer had sagged untill the axle was about 3/8" from the frame or closer. This meant that there was a lot of crashing and banging on the trailer this trip, which was transferred to the body of the race car and caused delamination. .

I found when we got home that Scott, our oldest son had broken his right hand index finger and crushed the largest knuckle. This happened when a larger boat's wash pushed his jet ski into a tree and wedged Scott's hand in between. This was his family vacation at his house boat. This sure messes up his summer--racing, motorcycling, racket ball, etc.

Scott was sheduled to? prepare and drive my Stinger at the Indiana Olympics this summer. He may still make it, but I may have to? finish preparing , and testing the car and both of us run it. I'm sure that he'd rather be gluing a glass body back together.

We and our grandaughter saw a lot of sights on this 5000 mi. trip. It was worth it but too hard on an old fart.

Now to figure out the transaxle ratios for the Indiana events. At least the track and the drag strip aren't going to change and the autocrosses around are are at the top of second gear..

Warren