<VV> Missing Bearing Update

Rex Chivers rchivers at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 5 22:30:04 EDT 2008

Thanks to all that replied about the missing bearing, the concensus of the
great majority was that it had to be there or the engine would have had a
very brief life span.  I can now report that the bearing has been found.  As
we disassembled the engine today the bearing or rather it's remains showed
up in the oil pan.  Looked like little ribbons about the thickness of tin
foil and full bearing width.

Have the engine stripped down now to the point where will be splitting the
cases next.  I am sure I will have many questions as we go forward but here
is the first.
     Do I need to remove the gear from the crank shaft before I take it to
the machine shop for grinding ?

-Rex-

61 Rampie,
65 Vert (mtr in rebuild)