<VV> Radios

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 17:41:18 EDT 2008

When I was in college, a buddy on the same dorm floor as I had a 65 era mustang or so. A bunch of us went "out" for drive at night. When we hopped in the car looked stock for the mst part, right down to the AM radio. After some mild driving around the city, we came up to stop light. He flips the sun visor on his side down hits a button, flips it back up, and  BOOM BOOM BOOM music came screaming out of no where. The light turned green and he punches the gas. To this day, I'll never forget that launch as I had to retrieve my lungs from the back seat.
Point being, his audio setup was exceptional, a touch pad hidden in the sun visor controlled a 6 disc remote CD player hidden in the trunk. The tweeters were concealed in the A pillar, mid ranges behind the door panels and rear and sub-woofers hidden somewhere in the back. You would have never known that an aftermarket radio setup was in that car.
I always thought the guy was pretty mild mannered, but when he pulled those two stops out, I began to understand his split personality. Too bad he went home for Thanksgiving that year and cracked the car and himself up pretty bad.
I know it was a Mustang, and I apologize to all of you profusely or riding in one ( lol ). But point being the radio set up.
chris mann