<VV> eBay question - minimum Corvair

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 8 17:27:48 EDT 2008

E-bay is not the problem, lazy bidders is the problem.  It's not new; it's
always been easy to find people paying more than "retail" on e-bay - or any
other auction site.  The reason it's more prevelant now than it used to be
is that there are more bidders.  All it takes to bid an item up to
unreasonable levels is two people who don't know what the item can be had
for elsewhere or that are too lazy to check/hunt other places.

What HAS changed, with more users, is that it is increasingly hard to find a
real steal.  With everybody and his dog logging on every night, only the
fringe items don't have an entire army bidding on them.  Of course, there's
still the occasional mis-listed or mis-spelled item that nobody can find.

E-bay is not a rip-off, it's the most accurate gauge of the actual worth
(defined as what people are willing to pay) of an item that you will find.

Still buying occasionally,
Roger