<VV> paucity of mechanics

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 10 16:26:30 EDT 2008

Frankly,

I think that it has as much to do with (if not more) the fact that the
majority of remaining Corvairs are in pretty darn nice shape - having been
through one or more restorations by now.  That, and the fact they (most) are
no longer "daily drivers"  Ergo, the need to have work completed by a
professional is considerably less than in previous years.

Those who have paid others to do the work for them in the past certainly
already know (at least have a pretty good idea) what sort of costs are
potentially involved.  With the cost of premium gas at $4.41 (today when I
filled up), it is likely that our cars will be seeing even less annual
miles.

I believe that to lay the blame entirely on the frugality of Corvair owners
is in error.  Certainly, it can be a factor, but just as certainly - not the
only one.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110