<VV> Paucity of Corvair mechanics

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 11:09:06 EDT 2008

That's probably the basis for a lot of it. Certainly between the two, they
are only using the "hard to work on" phrase to hide their real excuse(s).
Shades of the past!

But then, in the old days, there was usually one mechanic (usually the one
with the least seniority) in the shop who got all the Corvair work pawned
off on him. so he became proficient at it. It's why we in the club have a
number of "old timer" mechanics (like Larry Claypool) to rely upon. But
even a lot of them are retiring, now that the Corvair is 40-50 years old. I
think THAT is what we're starting to run into. Again.

Time to train up a whole new generation of Corvair mechanics! Hello Michael
LeVeque...

-Mark

Corvairness.