<VV> Corvair Olympics Preparing

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sat Jul 12 21:02:16 EDT 2008

It's been a busy week for me. Just got back? a week ago from the three week trip to The California convention.
As you know my older son Scott broke his hand in a boating accident last week . He'll be OK by? Corvair Olympics? time but cannot prepare the Corvair Yenko Stinger for himself.
?? The engine (3100 turbo) that was in the Stinger was originally in the Roe car at Detroit. It has had a suspicious vibration ever since, I pulled it out and replaced the flywheel and pressure plate but the vibration remained. I have come to believe that the crank shaft was damaged by the bumps at the Detroit autocross. Think; chatter bumps in a solid mounted chassis and engine.?
?? So now the Stinger has a 2700 cc? (SCCA CP? and E prod legal) naturally aspirated 13/1?,?6 ?tube Quadrajet? 4 bbl engine. I'm trying 23.5 in. tires and a 3.89 axle and a Yenko gear box? for the? Putnam track event and possibly? 22" x 13 tires for the drags and autocross.?
?? Today I finished up work on the EMod Roadster. I pulled out the 3.27 transaxle and replaced it with a 3.55 (Std Sag) in hopes that it will be better suited to the ever more plentiful, tight ?SLOW autocrosses as in the California Conventiion and? seemingly everywhere else. .. Suddenly it's 1980 again. I'm making the two hour trip to Columbus/Indy event ?tomorrow to try out the new set up.
?? How about a few hints as to who's coming to the Olympics events? Im Cheering for Michael to take the Triatha lon/combined events.

Warren