<VV> Europe gas prices

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 22:55:47 EDT 2008

The European governments tax their citizens a lot for petrol.  If the citizens stand for it, it is their fault.  Perhaps the American governments are thinking about hitting us for more taxes per gallon.  the critical difference is the Europeans have a system of public transportation probably funded by the petrol taxes.  We Americans were forced to do without public transportation by cheap gasoline and the fact the U.S. car producers either paid the Congress and Senate members for favorable legislation or  bought the old bus, rail, and street car companies.  To make this a Corvair topic I intend to keep and drive my Corvairs throughout this 'tough time'.  Ernie