<VV> 110 / PG mileage was Please post...

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 19:57:49 EDT 2008

Dave,
    Try converting the stock pressure retard to vacuum  advance with
provision for pressure retard (or detonation sensing to retard the  timing).  When I
did that in my 180 on the long drive everday to work and  back, my mileage
increased by over 20%.  But this of course assumes that  you can "keep your foot
OUT of it" for much (not all) of the  time.<GGGG>
    Frank "try it, you'll like it" Burkhard

In a message dated 7/11/2008 12:54:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,