<VV> Windows XP recovery (No Corvair)

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 22:37:44 EDT 2008

Sorry for the non-Corvair post but I suspect that someone on the list will
have the answer.  I'm going through the "Repair Windows" drill on one of my
PCs and I'm at the Microsoft "Recovery Console".  In order to proceed with
"R" (Repair), the blinkin' thing wants the "administrator password".  I have
entered the regular user password and that user has administrator privileges
but that doesn't seem to make it happy.  I've also tried "Admin" and "Dell".
Is there a generic, default password for this process?  I don't recall ever
putting in a password other than my regular user passwords.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Nicol

"Frustrated in Idaho"