<VV> assistance for afar

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 21:41:37 EDT 2008

Guys:

As some know, I have two 1969 cars. My convertible is the closest thing I have to a running and driving car. As I have been searching out for parts, I have found myself looking for a parts car in general, as I also have a coupe, and between both of them I really think I should have a third lying around for general donor related issues.
Now there is this red one on 69 parts car on ebay right now, and I think the guy is reasonable for asking what he wants. But my problem is that is doesn't make sense to drive 10 hours to pull parts or extract the whole thing and bring it back with me.

So, I have posed this same request on the 69 list, to no avail, and I thought I would try here.

Is there anyone near Kansas City, MO or Lincoln, NE that would have an afternoon or so to travel to Hiawatha, KS to pull what I need and ship it UPS back here? I can certainly find a way to pay this person gas money and time for services. The details I would have to work out with the seller, but I am not sure if anyone is going to swoop this car up for $300 or not. If not, the car goes to the scrapper as the seller states.
My fetish is the 69 model year, and I am pursing pieces that are smaller and shippable. I just need a someone willing to lend a hand who is closer than I.
I need the rear cowl sheet metal (that keeps the tail lights) my convertible has body damage here and I must replace that particilar piece in its entirety. One could literally just sawzall the end off and I can dress it once its here. The wire harness for the rear, the  rear seat base, the steering wheel and horn ring, the rear air grill, the decorative door lock caps, headlamp switch @ dashboard, wiper control switch @ dash board, vin plate, trim tag, air vents, and maybe the passenger seat, oh yeah, and the nose chrome piece at the front trunk around the keyhole.
OR maybe someone is willing to buy the whole shell, I mean the steering box and engine alone is worth the $300. Maybe if someone nearby could just pick the whole thing up? I can help in anyway i can to sell other things off of it. a 110 block is popular to the aircraft crowd, and the steering box is popular with the hot rodders alone. The collapsible steering column is worth a nice little pricetag too!
1969 parts cars are few and far between, and I can't bear to see any more get crushed. I know, I know, there are similarities to other years, but I am trying to maintain my parts request to 69 unique parts.
Let me know offline if some type of arrangement can be made from this distance.

Chris Mann (wisconsin)
69 monza vert 0242
69 monza coupe 1657