<VV> Video of the 1960 Auto Rai (Dutch new car show)

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 23:40:59 EDT 2008

You got me interested by that statement (clear trunk lid) as I had never
heard of one....

I watched the video and saw the display 60 with the plexi trunk and engine
lid.

Unfortunately the engine lid is not like the dealer clear lids (I have had 3
and still have 1 near mint one) as the dealer display lid had the louvers
cut into the lid.  The one in the video was solid.

It and the trunk lid was probably special made just for that display and a
one of a kind.

In all my years of Corvair'ing and parts scrounging I had never heard of a
clear trunk lid....until now....but I doubt I'll ever see one other than
that video.

Rick Loving