<VV> Carter YH pump squirt

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 21:19:44 EDT 2008

Turbo guys!

I am used to the behavior of the accelerator pumps on the Rochester carbs. Take the air cleaner off, pull the throttle, should get an easily visible squirt, and also hear that "psst" noise.

Am I correct that I should get the same from the Carter YH (air cleaner housing removed, peering into the end with flashlight). When I checked Leigh's carb tonight, I couldn't see or hear any evidence that it is working. Is it especially difficult to detect, or is mine not working?

Thanks!

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on