<VV> weekend fun

Keith Hammett keith.hammett at stainlessfab.com
Mon Jul 21 11:44:27 EDT 2008

Took the three year old to the movies on Sunday (in Springfield, Mo) and part of the fun was to let her pick which vehicle to take.  Choice was between the '05 F150 or the rampside.  Since the temperature was in the 90's I reminded her that the pickup has air-conditioning and the rampside does not.  Of course at three years old she knows which vehicle gets you more looks and remarks and picked the rampside.

The rampside behaved on our outing to the movies and a few stores afterward (made a complete drive around Springfield).  Still slipping on take off, but didn't expect any change there since I haven't had time to look at it yet.  While at one store I was stopped by someone in their 40's to 50's and was told that he knew of a guy that put a V8 in the back of a rampside and made it a stander.  Said his friend could pull the front wheels of the ground for a ¼ mile, and that he would like to buy one and do the same.

After we had our late lunch, it was time to head home.  Since Jacy fell asleep I went ahead and took a drive out in the country.  I really enjoyed driving the rampy out on some winding back roads.  Even got to play with a big V8 car in the corners, he really had to hit the brakes as I kept pace in the corners, caught me in the straights of course.  By the time we got back home Jacy was awake and the honey-do-list was waiting again.

Now I need to pull the odometer again, watch the PG rebuilding video from Harry (should be here today or tomorrow), and then work on the PG.  Still was fun to get the rampy out for the day, just don't get the fun going to/from work like that.

Keith Hammett

Jacy Hammett (knows what is fun!) 3 years old

'62 Rampside