<VV> Carb repair update

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 10:58:42 EDT 2008

You should see a distinct squirt of gas when operating the throttle from the accelerator pumps.Make sure you have no vacuum leaks at all the usual places (vacuum balance tube,carb. base,etc.). Then I would screw in the idle adjusting screws to open the throttles slightly. Remember the manuals were written with the understanding that everything was tight and fairly new- in other words no looseness/worn linkage.
With practice (which you are now getting) you will not be a rookie for long.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado